GMOs. Vaccines. Death Panels. There are a lot of “beliefs” circulating about a wide variety of health policy issues. Luckily, these are all pretty well researched areas. Thanks to thorough investigations, we can conclude with certainty that vaccines are safe and effective, that GMOs are generally safe, and that the Affordable Care Act was not intended to execute any old people. But here’s a funny thing about these beliefs: telling people the facts about these things doesn’t convince them to change their mind. It turns out, the people who hold to these ideas most stridently are the least knowledgeable about science, but BELIEVE they are the most knowledgeable about these subjects. Let’s talk about Dunning-Kruger and the paradox of incompetence.
Related HCT episodes:
1. GMOs are Safe: https://youtu.be/gKO9s0zLthU
2. So Are Vaccines: https://youtu.be/j_zqBPuPx8w
Be sure to check out our podcast!
Other Healthcare Triage Links:
1. Support the channel on Patreon: http://vid.io/xqXr
2. Check out our Facebook page: http://goo.gl/LnOq5z
3. We still have merchandise available at http://www.hctmerch.com
4. Aaron’s book “The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully” is available wherever books are sold, such as Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hGvhKw
John Green — Executive Producer
Stan Muller — Director, Producer
Aaron Carroll — Writer
Mark Olsen – Art Director
Meredith Danko – Social Media
IMAGES AND FOOTAGE